Saturday, March 1, 2014

Quick (and easy) Swedish Meatballs


Most of the time, I prefer to make my meals from scratch.  I don’t always get the time to do so.  I have three young kids, and sometimes I don’t have the energy or the time.  Other times I just don’t have all the ingredients needed to make a full meal from scratch, so I rely on some convenience products to help speed up the process a bit.  This is happens to be the case tonight.  I really wanted to make Swedish Meatballs, but I didn’t have time to make my own meatballs.  I also didn’t have any heavy cream in the fridge.  I did have a few other products in the house though, so I came up with a quick version.  While it’s not the traditional recipe, it does taste pretty good in my opinion.

Quick (and easy) Swedish Meatballs

1 can cream of mushroom soup (10-3/4oz)

1/2c sour cream

1/3c milk (2% or whole)

1tbsp dried parsley flakes

1tbsp onion powder

1/2tsp black pepper

1/4tsp sea salt

1/4tsp nutmeg

1 bag frozen meatballs

Combine all ingredients minus the meatballs in a bowl.  Place frozen meatballs in a skillet and cover with sauce.  Heat covered on medium, stirring occasionally.  These are great served over cooked egg noodles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment