Thursday, February 27, 2014

Lactation Cookies

I thought I posted this recipe a while back, but I guess I didn't.  I came up with this recipe when I was trying to create a tasty cookie recipe to boost my milk supply. 

Lactation Cookies

½ c butter (1 stick)
¼ c coconut oil
1 c. brown sugar (**I make my own…. See note at the bottom for recipe**)
½ c white sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1 c oatmeal
1 ½ c flour
3 tbs flax seeds
12 oz of bittersweet, dark, or milk chocolate chips (I used Hersey’s milk chocolate for my first attempt)

Preheat oven to 350F.
Beat butter, coconut oil, and sugars together.
Add 2 eggs and vanilla, and then beat well.
Next add baking soda, oatmeal, flour, and flax seeds. Mix everything well.
Finally add your chocolate chips.
Bake for 8 minutes. Cookies should be brown around the edges and looking somewhat doughy in the middle. If the middle looks too doughy, bake for an additional 1 minute.
Let cookies rest on pan for 3 minutes. This will cook the center a bit more, but not burn your cookie. Cookies will be soft, so carefully transfer them to a wire rack to cool.

**Homemade Brown Sugar**
1 tbsp Molasses
1 cup white sugar

Mix together. The mixture will look clumpy at first, but keep mixing. After a couple minutes of mixing it will start resembling brown sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment