Friday, February 14, 2014

Here Comes Another Crock Pot Meal... It's Lemon Garlic Chicken


I had high hopes for the Lemon Garlic Chicken crock pot meal.  It sounded good, but like a few other recipes, the original turned out pretty bland in my opinion.  It was fine after I adjusted the seasonings once I was cooked, and I will make this one again in the future.  I made a couple minor adjustments to the original recipe.  I think this version will have a little more flavor.  
 

Lemon Garlic Chicken

1tsp dried oregano

2lbs chicken breast, chopped

2tbsp butter

1/4c water

3tbsp lemon juice

1tbsp lemon zest

3 cloves garlic, minced

1tsp chicken bouillon granules

1tsp parsley

1 8oz package of cream cheese

Salt and pepper to taste

 

Place all ingredients, minus the cream cheese, in a gallon size freezer bag. 

Cook for 6-8hrs in the crock pot.  Once chicken is cooked, add the cream cheese and mix well.  Add salt and pepper to your preference. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment