Friday, February 21, 2014

Freezer Meals Saved the Week!

I have to apologize for the lack of recent posts.  This momma has been out of commission this week.  I got hit hard with a nasty stomach bug.  Go figure.  My cupboards were getting bare, and my fridge was near empty.   Thankfully I still had a few items left in the freezer from my crock pot challenge.  Now, I'm not entirely done with that challenge yet as I still have to post my review of the taco soup, but with the exception of that one recipe, we've had the rest.  Many of the recipes were divided in half, and that came in very handy this week as this momma was in no shape to do any cooking. 

I can't say how much I highly recommend freezer cooking.  Even if you don't like to cook and prefer prepackage and convenience items, freezer cooking can save the day.  Whether its you don't have the time to cook, or you end up having a dreaded sick day, freezer cooking can take the stress of making a meal away. 

My original plans were to follow up this challenge with another, but I'm going to have to delay that for a couple weeks.  I had to do a grocery shopping trip this week, but as I am still feeling pretty rough, I was not able to do the meal planning that I originally wanted to do.  For my next challenge I had planned on doing a complete break down on brand and prices on my shopping list, and that just simply was not going to happen this week.

Anyways, stay tuned because I do have more recipes coming, I have the conclusion and final review of my crock pot challenge, and there is going to be some party planning as I get ready for daughter's third and first birthday parties.  I will also show a bit of my geeky side as I plan on testing out my Game of Thrones cookbook for the season four premier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment