Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Crock Pot Pork Wraps

So yesterday I thought I'd get a jump start on cooking pork chops in the crock pot.  Unfortunately when I turned it off, I forgot to put them in the fridge after they cooled. I remembered when I woke up at 5am today.  It smelled so yummy though, that I just had to re-do it.


Rick wanted corn in his.  

Six hours in the crock pot.
Pork and Rice Wrap

3lbs boneless pork chops
2 cans Campbells French Onion Soup
1 can Pinto Beans and Jalapenos, drained
1/8 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp cilantro (if using fresh use 3/4tsp instead)
2 cups cooked rice
12 flour tortillas




Place pork chops and french onion soup in crock pot and cook on low until pork is tender (3-4 hrs).  Remove pork from crock pot, but reserve juices.  Using two forks, shred the pork.  Return pork to juices.  Add pinto beans, cumin, and cilantro.  Let simmer in crock pot for at least 2 hrs.  Layer rice and pork in a flour tortilla, and roll it up like a burrito.  It's so simple, and very tasty.  :-)






No comments:

Post a Comment