Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Wonder Woman's Schedule


One of my friends from my April Mommies Couponing group (Katey Marie I'm talking about you) gave me this nickname several months ago.  I am one busy momma.  I often joke with friends that I must be a robot because that is the only logical way I can explain how I managed to get everything done.  lol

I'm really not a robot.  I just rely on schedules to get everything done.  Kids thrive on schedules and predictability, especially toddlers since they don't quite understand the concept of waiting for things.  I try to make our days as predictable as possible.  Not only does it help my little ones, but it helps me keep track of things I need to do.

I had two schedules I follow during the week.  One is specifically for the kids.  I keep track of appointments, therapy schedules playtime and activities, play dates, etc.  The other schedule is for myself.  I keep track of what days I need to do certain things around the house, assignments, etc.  Nothing is perfect, and some days I do have to change things around last minute.  For the most part though I try to follow the same basic routines every day.

How can you free up some time for yourself?  Write up a schedule.  Pick certain days of the week to get certain chores or projects done.  Schedule in your kids activities (for example, go to the park after lunch, water play in the morning, arts and crafts after nap time, etc.).  You don't need to set up exact times for everything.  Schedules don't work for everyone, but if you're feeling overwhelmed, give it a try for a week or two and see if it helps you.


Here's a real basic example of my schedule for the week:

Monday:
Therapy
Free Play
Book Time
Basic Cleaning (toys, counters, trash)

Tuesday:
Outside Play
Therapy
Puzzles/Blocks
Laundry
Baths

Wednesday:
Therapy
Free Play
Arts and Crafts
Basic Cleaning

Thursday:
Therapy
Puzzles/Blocks
Free Play
Floors
Baths

Friday-Saturday:
Family Activities
Projects/More Detailed Cleaning
Catch up and/or get ahead on Assignments
Baths






2 comments: