Friday, January 24, 2014

Crocking Continues... This Time Its Chicken and Spinach

I knew it was going to happen sooner or later, but I finally found a recipe from Crock Pot Meals for a Month that I really didn't like at all.  I'm not even going to post a pic of it because I had to doctor the original recipe so much that it ended up being something completely different. Instead, I've decided to re-work the recipe to create something that has a bit more flavor.  In my opinion the original recipe was far too bland and watery to really be able to enjoy any of the actual flavors from the ingredients themselves. 

Below is my alternative version of the original recipe.  This is what I will make the next time I plan some freezer cooking. 


Chicken & Spinach

Split this recipe between 2 gallon sized freezer bags.

6 boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts

2 jars pasta sauce (one per bag)

1 onion, diced

1 green pepper, diced

1 zucchini, diced

1 yellow squash, diced

1 sm container of baby portabella mushrooms, sliced

4 cloves of garlic, minced 
2tsp Cajun seasoning

1tbsp dried basil

Salt and pepper, to taste

Optional: rice or pasta

No comments:

Post a Comment